Translate

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Waiting for the storm!!! ... oh dear.....what to do.....

Well, we are all waiting for Mr. earl.... Will we or won't we........I look out to the ocean across a salt marsh. The ocean has been roaring for days.The last big one we had was Bob 1992 ( I think) and before that Gloria 1985  on my birthday !  we had no electricity for a week with Gloria!   not fun!   I usually love storms  but hurricanes are pretty scary................. time will tell........................ So plans for the day!  My one and only crabapple dropped yesterday.  this is from a 98 year old tree.  I  think the colors of this fruit are as beautiful as you can get.  These are my favorite colors all on one apple.I'd like to paint a room these colors!  I think I am just going to look at it and enjoy.  Also I have quince on my quince . very beautiful little fruit.  Maybe Jam???  I've never made quince jam .  have any of you?  is it tasty?  It is so pretty a lovely pink..
I have a granny stripe just about done and a pumpernical bread to make!!!! Lots of tomatoes to eat!  yum! It is going to be very hot hot hot again today so it will be slow moving and hopefully peaceful!  below is my granny stripe.  thank you attic24!  I got the idea from you!
Izzy has a comment....
                                          Two quince and my lovely crabapple.... so so pretty !
                                            
                                                    Have a lovely happy day all!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo of the bees having a drink, very cute. Your granny stripe is very soft looking and I love the colours you have put together. Hey try this blog
    http://thequincetree65.blogspot.com Sue has a quince tree and makes jam, so she may be able to share a receipe or some tips. My gran had one as well and made the most amazing jam, only as a grandma could. Sue has a lovely blog.
    Haha Izzy certainly has something to say there.
    Hugs Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete