Translate

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Moving in to the new year........slowly....

Well...I took the tree down today...and I was not ready....but as we don't have a big room it has only one place it can go and that means squeezing by it to go up stairs!!! While I don't mind.....Mr.R. Gets a little tired of it...so .....down it came...I always get sad....I hate to think...." another year away!"
We cut the tree at a farm so it is totally fresh and I could not even get a branch to catch in the wood stove it was so green still!!
I am in full project mode....which means...I usually can not sleep....I really don't sleep much anyway....but in full project mode..I can not stop my brain from thinking of all the things I want to do!! Constantly!!!


First..the studio is almost done...I have borrowed this picture from Jenny at "allsorts " blog...who I have been following from day one!! I adore her studio....I think I may have to do red and white...look how beautiful this is! I will hopefully be painting next week!!!


And then......
Pardon the bouncing around....I want SNOW!!! A real storm...not just a few inches.....at least a foot or more.....


Look how beautiful!! I am beginning to think our snow days are over....:(
I love winter ...love love love it!! I love the cold....the wood fires....the bare trees....the low light...for me it is a cozy time....kitties piled on me...winter meals...not being Hot!!! A break from the garden...
And it is quiet....I think the biggest insult to my senses at this time of life to me is noise...everything is so loud now!!
But not winter...soft and quiet..


Totally into the red and white these days...I have all my reds washed and ready for cutting!!!
There is going to be a red and white something in my life soon!!


Ok.....look at this....first day in the ( very small amount) of snow....this child just melts my heart!!


And this....is this the cutest little fellow!!! Look at the tiny feet!! Oh I just want to pat that tummy...no ...he is not mine....nine cats???!!
But boy is he cute!!!


More snow dreams....I want to be in one of these houses!!!


Snow...snow...snow....I just get the most peaceful feeling when I look at this....


Totally great pressie from my friend Sophie!!! Love it!! I get mollie makes sent from the u.k. ..I think this is done by the same people...it's wonderful!!


Oh....and I thought I might not have any wine in January....
Guess what...???? Both were gifts....the glass is hand blown glass ...the most beautiful set .....
So I guess I had to try them out!!!
Mmmmmmmmmm!


Well....back to my reds and whites!!!! Boy that looks good!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home!!

7 comments:

  1. Happy new year! I know what you mean about not being able to sleep when you are in project mode. I look forward to seeing photos of your new studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I sleep so bad. I have brain chatter - I'm not sure that people get what I mean when I say that but if you have it, you'll know.
    I love your snowy pictures - dreamy. I want a good fall of the white stuff too. We haven't had any so far, but I believe it might go cold next week.
    Can't wait to see your finish studio - grand tour please ?? ;-)
    Well have fun with all those creative thoughts. I'm sure whatever you make will be lovely.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your studio. I'll bet you're so excited for it to be finished. Like you, I love the winter -it's a quiet, reflective time- nice and cosy. I hope you get your snow- we always seem to miss it in this patch of the west of Scotland. (I replied to you on my blog- there's a link to steak pie there!)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that studio its gorgeous. I hate winter by the way!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky you are to be able to see the ocean, even if you want more snow. I would love to see the ocean and not the 60 cm of snow that we got last week! It is beautiful and I do love snowshoeing with the dog, but my husband doesn't like having to dig out the driveway and barnyard! It sure brings the birds to the bird feeders though. Nothing like cardinals to brighten up a monochrome landscape. Happy creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I write this I'm sitting looking at the beach in Thailand so hot, could do with a bit of cooling off, love your red colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Miss Holly,
    I am delighted to share my snow with you! I wish you could hop on over for a snowshoe with Mogul and me, but 22 hours travel is a very long way!
    I look forward to seeing your new studio!
    Xo's

    ReplyDelete